Home Forums Europe Italy Traveling in Milan, Italy

3 voices
2 replies
  • Author
      Bella Feuerbach
      Participant

I am thinking about solo traveling to Milan, Italy for 3-4 days next June. I will be 18, almost 19 years old. I have read a lot online that it’s safe to travel alone as a woman in Milan, and that there are only a few spots to maybe avoid at night. I just wanted to know if anyone has done this, is planning on doing this, or would be in Milan the same time as me! Thanks so much.

Kasia
      Participant

Hi Bella!
      I’ve been solo in Milan few years ago, but I used Couchsurfing to hang out with locals (you can give it a try, there is a very engaged community and lots of events for travelers). Indeed, there are some places which aren’t recommended to visit alone at night – I remember one square where they were offering us drugs as soon as we crossed the street – but in general the city is safe.
      If you feel overwhelmed, you can always run away to the nearby Bergamo – I did 1 night in Milan and 2 nights in Bergamo and personally liked the latter much more ^^”

She Roams Solo
      Keymaster

Oh Just on Kasia’s point Bergamo is soooo beautiful! I didn’t spend anytime in Milan cause I hoped the bus straight to Bergamo. I wish I spent more time there too. There is a really really cool resturant I ate at, so if you end up in Bergamo shoot me a message and I’ll find the name of it for you. Outdoor dining, firelights, amazing wine and food so good I ordered seconds! (Sorry I can’t help with Milan more)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Warning: Use of undefined constant bp_is_profile - assumed 'bp_is_profile' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /home/sheroa5/public_html/wp-content/themes/betheme-child/functions.php on line 140