This topic contains 43 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  JenHill0825 1 week, 6 days ago.

• Author

She Roams Solo
    Keymaster

Welcome to She Roams Solo. Why not introduce yourself to the group with the following questions

• Your name?
    • Country of origin?
    • Favourite country?
    • Current country?
    • Why you travel? How often?
    • Where you have not been but want to go

This is your space of internet. Chat to us about you and reply to others who interest you.

Anonymous

Wendy from Melbourne, Australia. My fav country is New Zealand. Currently in my home town. I travel us much as I can and have a trip to Bali coming up soon.

Whitty

My name is Whitney Achieng Okumu and I come from Uganda and its my favorite country. I have been to Rwanda and Kenya where I travel to local areas. I would love to go to Switzerland and my US – New Mexico trip is loading.

Hi I’m Amanda. I live in London but am originally from Melbourne. I am a travel blogger and a marketing consultant. I travel alot – about 3-4 months of the year. Italy and Iceland are my 2 favourites that coincidentally start with the same letter! I am just back from a full on trip to Nepal where I did the Everest Base Camp trek and next up is the US – road trip to grand canyon, utah and its national parks and then vegas!!!

Maj
    Participant

Hi! I’m affectionately known within my family as Maj (aka Mad Auntie Julie) following my various exploits since the breakdown of my marriage 5 years ago.  Until then, I hadn’t travelled much, so, at 58, I feel I have a lot of catching up to do, and need to do it while I’m fit and healthy!  Travelling has challenged me in a way I never dreamed it would, and I love it!  My first solo trip was to Florence last year – very intrepid!  I still smile at the thought of my vespa ride hurtling through the Tuscan hills!  And, as I type, I am tucked into my first night in an Airbnb, in Lisbon!  Bring it on!

Hello Ladies!

I’m Tracey, and have just read all the intro’s and all are amazing! I’m so new to all this networking with people as I’ve always been independent (solo) about my travels. I’ve decided to put it out there with people/the world! I’m from Brisbane, Australia. I did most of my travels a few years ago as a backpacker for about a year. I work full time (accountant) now, but would love to be able to pack up and travel full time! But a pressing job, two mortgages and on one wage doesn’t have the flexibility to up and go. My favourite country would be Spain or South America (I know it isn’t a country) I just love the vibe. I really want to get to Maldives and Philippines next. I have Hawaii in a few months. Can’t wait to chat and hear more!

Hey Tracey! I’m an accountant by day as well! Nice to meet you. 🙂

Kushmary

Maryann from Kenya.my favourite country is kenya but would like to travel across the country to explore peoples culture making friends and seeing new faces

AtienoC

Hello everyone!

My name is Christine am from Kenya. I love traveling a lot; all have been locally and alone. Kenya is a really beautiful country and I would love to visit other countries apart from my own.

I have a trip to Canada coming up soon!?

Dolly from Scotland, retired. I have recently returned from volunteering in Tanzania. Off to Spain in the autumn. Hoping to complete the European peace walk and Camino Portuguese in 2018. Long term I hope to travel for the whole of 2019 that’s a long way off but,if I plan, then I’ve a greater chance of making it happen.

Becky

HI,  My name is Becky  from Turkey. I’m Currentry on a project in Ankara.  I love to travel and see the beauty of this amazing earth. I am also with a travel agency that offers different packages to Europe, Africa and tailored packages based on request.

My love for travelling is why I joined the agency.

Chat me up.

Sasameyuki

Hi, I’m Angeline from the Philippines. First time to join any online community so I’m still jittery ? Given the chance, I’d like to visit Tokyo, JP and Maldives. However, working a customer service job means I only get a few days off in a year ? I travel sporadically when I get time off work or during long weekends, usually with friends at work just to escape the urban jungle life. We’re all backpackers and do DIY trips. Hopefully, I can get my leave approved so I can go to HK in Sept. Fingers crossed ?

Anonymous

Hi! I’m Via from the Philippines. I’ve only been to a few local destinations such as Baler, Boracay, Batangas, Tagaytay, and a few mountains in Montalban but I’m really hoping that soon enough I can visit more places (not just locally, of course. I’m praying that I can actually go to Hongkong or Thailand next year with my family). Actually, i have a huge problem when it comes to budgeting because I only earn minimum salary every month. That, and the fact that my parents won’t always allow me to travel were my biggest dilemma ever since I started working last year. (Hope you could help me with that – advices regarding these matters are always accepted and appreciated). Also, I’m planning to do my very first solo travel next year (maybe in Puerto Galera?). So that’s it. Hope I can talk to a lot of women here and let’s be friends! I’m really friendly (though not always talkative) and I want to meet people who share the same interests as me! You can follow me on Instagram: @viamaggiee. I’ll follow back! Thank you, ladies. And always, always choose to have a good day! 😉

Hi i’m Tessa and i’m from the US. I live in little boring state called Alabama and I basically work, save, travel and repeat.  I’m a solo traveler and I decided to start traveling to a new city each month around 3 years ago. I try to mix in domestic along with international travel. My favorite place that i’ve been so far is Iceland, its so clean, beautiful and safe. My dream place to visit in the French Polynesia. It so expensive to get there though 🙁 I have traveled blog as well, its theflyjetsetter.com

Hey Tessa! We’re almost neighbors. 🙂 I’m from MS, and actually jealous of you for living in AL! I love Huntsville and the Rocky terrain in the north part of your state, and I’ve enjoyed your coastline as well. Check out Stephen’s Gap some time! It’s totally epic. Followed you on bloglovin. Cheers!

Hey all! I’m enjoying reading your intros!

I’m Marissa, and currently living in Mississippi, though I’ve lived all over the USA. I actually haven’t been outside the US yet except for a brief trip up into Ontario many years ago!

I’m an accountant by day and blogger by night. I have just launched a travel blog with the hope to encourage myself to stop just WANTING to travel and start DOING it. I hope to get into the swing of going on at least one weekend getaway per month even if it’s just a few hours away.

Utah and Arizona are on my bucket list!

Agnes

Hey, I’m Agnes. I am from Estonia and currently living and working in Greece. Soon, though, will look for another country for another adventure. It is very hard to pin down a favorite country since many where I have been are so different and unique in their own way. I got addicted to travelling already as a kid and then my parents took me with them to their trips. As a teenager I started attending language camps or summer jobs abroad and later on went to a University in Amsterdam. After graduation, I realised I really want to live a life full of travel while I can and just decided to pursue my dreams. I definitely want to visit New Zealand and many countries in Southeast Asia 🙂

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi to everyone. I am Mary from Philippines, I currently living and working in Qatar as a Chef and my passion is all about photography.  That’s why I want to follow my dreams to travel all over the world. I hope next year I can find it and do come true in my own. But this coming Dec. I hope they can grant of my request to travel in Georgia.  But one of my dream place to travel is around of Europe.</p>
    Guys if you want to visit our Country. Don’t be shy to call me and I will be your tour guide it’s for free. Lols.

ChioT

Hi, I’m Rocio from Peru, where I currently live and work as an economist.

I love traveling, in my country and abroad. And although I’ve been traveling for 6 years, I’ve only been to very few places. I travel whenever I’m on vacations, which is once a year) and the destination always depends on my budget ?.

So far my favorite countries are Peru and Austria. From Peru I like best its amazing food and all the history and cultures it has, and from Austria I love is history (castles and the Sisi’s museum) and culture (opera, although I’ve only been there on a tour).

So far I’ve been to Peru (of course), Brazil (4 times), USA (4 times), Panama, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Viena ?, Venezia, Rome, and Madrid. I’d love to travel to Asia: Japan, (South) Korea, China, Taiwan, Indonesia.

The best thing about traveling for me is meeting new people, trying new delicious food, and enjoy sightseeing ?.

Pilgrim

Ciao everyone!

I am from California and my favorite country is Italy.

I have lived in Qatar, India, Italy, Switzerland and England in the past and have recently made a permanent move to Italia!

I am a writer and a historian. My memoir about my solo 40-day walk in Italy was published this past spring. I have a master’s degree in Florentine Renaissance history, so Florence and surrounding areas are the most exciting places for me to be!

I am blogging about how to move to Italy, because so many want to move here but they feel daunted by the paper work and they are not sure if they qualify– which was my case for so many years as I did not have Italian relatives or EU citizenship. It can be a tough one if you don’t have one of those criteria but there are ways and that’s what I am blogging about, so if anyone is interested in that, they can find info on my site:

Home

I am a big advocate of travel, slow travel, and solo travel. I would love to meet women who are into these things and I’m excited to be part of this site. Let me know if you will be traveling to Italy!

Hi everyone!

My name is Kelly & I’m originally from France.

My favorite country would have to be… somewhere between Australia & Thailand!

Currently I live back in France but will be moving to Northern Ireland soon in January 🙂

I travel almost every month if possible, but it depends on my work schedule. I travel to get away from my day-to-day life and get inspired 🙂

I haven’t been to Indonesia yet and hopefully this time next year I will have traveled to it <3

Lucy Marie

Hi ladies,

So I’m well aware this forum hasn’t been updated in a few months but I’m clearly a bit late to the party and only just found this website!

My name is Lucy, 22 years old, single and from England.

I was lucky enough to take part in a trip with my workplace to Iceland in October and it was the absolute best week of my life! So that prompted me to want to see more of the world.

Travelling alone to Barcelona in 6 days and it’s literally just to prove that I can! I want to prove to myself that I can be independent and mature but also so that I can meet new people and learn new things!

In future I’d love to go back to Iceland for a longer trip, and I am looking into volunteer work in Fiji in the next couple of years. Other than that, I’m easy and I just want to explore!

Xxxxx

Jess

Have fun in Barcelona! Own it! (I’m doing a “prove to myself I can” solo trip to Munich in March.)

Raquel

Hi everyone! I’m Raquel from Barcelona, Spain where I currently live And work as a administrative. I lived 4 years in LOndon five years ago where I enjoyed of a magnificient experience in a city that I adore. I traveled around uk, France And SPain of course!.Morocco is a Magic country that I enjoyed as well doing a short volunteering. This summer is time to INdia!!!!!

alison
    Participant

I’m Alison, born in Zimbabwe, raised in South African and now living in London (UK). I love, love, loved Cambodia and Mexico (could move to either) despite both trips being more focussed on exploring history and culture and my usual preference being for places of outstanding natural beauty. I’m fairly new to solo travel and have a healthy dose of South African paranoia (made a bit worse by some scary experiences in Bangkok and Istanbul) so I haven’t ventured solo out of Europe yet, but hope to build up my confidence so that being alone isn’t a barrier to visiting my bucket list places when I can afford to. I haven’t been able to travel much the past few years but am changing that and trying to get away for at least a short trip or long weekend every couple of months. My next trip is my first to the Lake District (Keswick area) so any tips on hiking routes/places it won’t be too awkward to dine alone in will be gratefully received.

JM

Hi Alison!

Hi guys, I’m Joanna from London, living and working here currently. I work in education which means that I get lots of holiday per year and I love to use this time to travel (Funds permitting). I have traveled lots in Europe…Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Germany, Spain (many times), Portugal, Greece (twice),Turkey (many times), Egypt and further afield too. I’ve visited Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico (twice), and both the West coast of Canada and the USA. I am by no means finished though 🙂 A friend is moving to the middle east soon so I am hoping to go and visit them in Abu Dhabi later this year and am looking at possibly Thailand and Cambodia (which looks like it will be a solo trip). I work hard and save as much as I can so that I can travel as much as possible. Ideally I would like to travel EVERYWHERE. Most of my trips have involved the usual package holidays but for the US and Canada I actually traveled with Uni so there was some research involved too. I have never traveled solo and am thinking about doing so this summer, however as you can imagine I am a little apprehensive, nervous and unsure about going it alone. I am looking to meet and connect with people that are in the same boat (so to speak) and to possibly find some travel buddies 🙂 I have actually used the above in a new post in the newbies forum…check it out 🙂

Hi guys, I’m Joanna from London, living and working here currently. I work in education which means that I get lots of holiday per year and I love to use this time to travel (Funds permitting). I have traveled lots in Europe…Scotland, Ireland, Wales, France, Germany, Holland, Spain (many times), Portugal, Greece (twice),Turkey (many times), Egypt and further afield too. I’ve visited Dominican Republic, Jamaica, Mexico (twice), and both the West coast of Canada and the USA. I am by no means finished though 🙂 A friend is moving to the middle east soon so I am hoping to go and visit them in Abu Dhabi later this year and am looking at possibly Thailand and Cambodia (which looks like it will be a solo trip). I work hard and save as much as I can so that I can travel as much as possible. Ideally I would like to travel EVERYWHERE. Most of my trips have involved the usual package holidays but for the US and Canada I actually traveled with Uni so there was some research involved too. I have never traveled solo and am thinking about doing so this summer, however as you can imagine I am a little apprehensive, nervous and unsure about going it alone. I am looking to meet and connect with people that are in the same boat (so to speak) and to possibly find some travel buddies 🙂

JM

Hi Joanna!

I’d love to be your travel buddies! But it seems like you have travelled almost everywhere haha! I’ve just recently moved in UK, so I’m just about to start exploring Europe. If you ever go somewhere in Europe, maybe we can go together (permitting same schedule and budget haha)!

JM

Anonymous

Hi everyone! I’m Laura and I live in New York. I’m considering traveling by myself to a small town in South Carolina this summer to volunteer with rescued horses. Hope to make a few friends on here!

Anja Silja

Hey there! I am Anja Silja from Germany and am a huge Canada and nature fan. Unfortunately I couldn’t visit the country for a few years due to job changes and not enough money in my travel budget. This year I plan to explore the rough east coast of Canada finally.
    I live in a small town near Munich and love to go hiking in the alps and around nearby lakes.

JM

Hi Anja,

If you have extra time and budget to stay in Canada, I would recommend going to the west side of it for more hiking and nature- destinations :). I hope you have an awesome trip there!

your area near in Munich where you said has good hiking spots, where would that be? Is it accessible by public transport? Haha, I’m a fan of nature and hiking, too, but only limited to places I can go with public transit.

JM

Emma Brady
    Participant

Hello fellow solo travellers

My name is Emma and I’ve just joined this wonderful community of solo travellers. I’m from County Donegal in Ireland but I’ve been living in the UK for nine years and I’m based in London. I started travel writing in 2016 and now post on my website theartoftravellingsolo.com. I absolutely love heading away for long weekends in Europe and was in Seville in February which I would highly recommend for the solo traveller. For the rest of the year ahead, I’m hoping to visit Oslo, Madrid and Hamburg and a trip to Chicago for early autumn time is another from my 2018 wish list.

My ultimate dream destination that I have not been to yet is New Zealand and I would love to spend a few weeks travelling the north and south islands.

I simply love to travel and would talk about it all day if I was allowed. Looking forward to reading your stories, tips and experiences.

Emma
    x

Sam Devenport
    Participant

Hello everyone,

My name is Sam. I am currently living and working in Bournemouth, UK, as a Paramedic. However, my main passion is travel and as a new Blogger I thought that joining SRS would be a good way of meeting some new people and seeing what everyone else is getting up to.

I work very hard and as a result am lucky enough to get reasonable chunks of time off. I’ve just returned for a Solo trip to Jordan where I self drove from North to South and my next trip is Sri Lanka 😊 x

Maria Higgins
    Participant

Hello!

I am working on promoting my optometry travel blog.

I do remote optometry in the bush of Alaska for natives. My dog and I did a road trip around the United States for a month. I travel throughout Maryland to do nursing home eye care.

And I write a travel blog about my adventures. http://www.drmariahiggins.com

Please sign up and read if you are so inclined… Thank you!

Marley Roberts
    Participant

Hello all! My name is Marley Roberts I’m 20 years old and from the southwest US. I’ll be making my first big trip this fall, when I’ll be studying abroad in Ecuador for 4 months and plan on traveling regularly during this time within the country. I’m also hoping to travel to Peru, and possibly Colombia at the end of my semester (December/January). Nervous to do any traveling on my own, especially since I haven’t done any real international travel at all. Hoping to connect with some possible travel friends, or get some advice and encouragement?

Looking forward to connecting with some amazing ladies!!

<3 Marley

Anonymous

Hello. I’m Angela, I live in the beautiful state of Oregon, USA. I’m trying to see as much of the U.S. as possible. My goal trip is to get to Italy in next two years.
    I travel solo because hubby doesn’t like to travel. I’ve travelled with a women’s only group and that was super ! Would like to find someone who would like to travel
    within the U.S.

Mónika S.
    Participant

Hi,
    I’m Mónika, I’m Hungarian. I’ll start my first trip alone in a few weeks. I’m going to the UK. I will work as a volunteer to get more experience in my job (organic farming). During my trip, I hope to find myself and become a spiritual, balanced person.
    Places I have never been but I want to go? Hm. Almost everywhere. I’m most interested in Australia.
    Look forward to make new friends here 🙂

JM

Hi Monika!
      How’s your volunteering going? Are you still in the UK?

Mónika S.
        Participant

Hi JM,
        Volunteering is great, I love it! I pick strawberries every day 🙂 And yes, I’m still in the UK. I’m staying in Cornwall, England for 2 months. What do you do in the UK?

JM

Sounds awesome! I’m living in Macclesfield, UK working part-time as a cashier, so I can save some funds and go on short weekend trips.

Hinal Shah

Hi all!! Hinal here from India. Currently residing in Bangalore, India. Havent travelled extensively so there are no fav country to write about but my dream destination is Istanbul! Have been learning and obessing about it from about a year and half now!

JM

Hi y’all!

My name is Janine, and I’m from the Philippines. Currently living and working in England. I do not travel often because of work and fear of going somewhere alone, but recently I’m working up the courage to go out of my comfort zone; that’s why I’m here in England.

My favourite country is Japan! I’ve been there for a few weeks and would love to go back, maybe even live there for a while!

I would love to see the rest of Europe while I’m here. France, Portugal, Italy, and Latvia are on top of my list!

Nice to meet y’all!

JenHill0825
    Participant

Hello! My name is Jen, I’m 33 years old. I work as a forklift driver for General Motors. Currently I haven’t really been anywhere but am so excited to start traveling 😁. The one place I would love to go is Havana. Since the borders have opened it’s the closest thing to a time capsule we can get! Other places I would like to visit are Greece and Thailand (actually pretty much anywhere!)
    I have my first trip planned for May to Boston and we will be making a day trip to New York so if you have any recommendations please let me know!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.