She Roams Solo is a Travel Social Network for Women. Welcome to your online platform to connect with like-minded women who love travel. The aim of She Roams Solo is to help inspire, educate and support women on their travelling endevours. You can join for free here.
She Roams Solo allows you to make friendships online and take them offline. Chat with people in the chatroom. Share your thoughts, feelings, photos and adventures on the community board, which the entire community can see and interact with. Message privately and add each other as friends. Join the meetups and events and make life-long friends. More details are below on how this travel social networking platform works.
How Does She Roams Solo Work?
There is a video with instructions on the start here page. You can see it here. However, below is a basic guide to how She Roams Solo works
- First step is to Join for free
- You are then taken to your profile. Where you update your details - these can be changed at anytime
- Add your profile photo. You will need those steps before being able to continue
- You are then taken to the community board. This is where you can update the community with your happenings.
- There is a welcome forum for you to introduce yourself
- There is a chat room to chat to the community in real time
- There are other forums to ask questions
- Use the blog post share board to share blogs and travel videos you like
- Use the find friends feature to meet people near you or with similar interests
- We have a giant resources search engine to find resources to help your travel
- You can add members as friends and private message them
- Share your travel photos, videos and links in the community board. (keep blog posts to the specific group). The community board is for chit chat.
She Roams Solo for Travel Bloggers/Vloggers
She Roams Solo aims to help support travel bloggers and vloggers in a variety of ways. There is a more detailed post here
- Share your travel stories on our blog
- Share your published blog posts and travel videos on our blog post share board
- Join our Pinterest boards
- List your blog on the blog directory
- Join one of our many collaboration/opinion posts
- Be interviewed for our She Roams Solo Ladies series
- Nominate your Instagram account
These are a few ways we like to support our members who blog but we want to support all of our community members so please don't hestiate to get in touch if there is some other way we can help you.
Is this community only for people travelling now or people travelling alone?
Absolutely not! This is for any woman who loves to travel, wants to travel, loves to read and talk travel and so on. It is for those travelling alone or with friends, partner, kids or pets. It is very simply just an online community for travel-loving women.
Who is the founder and how did this community start?
My name is Rebecca. Call me Bec 😉 I am a travel lover! Like most of you, the travel bug bit me and bit me hard. I had always wanted to travel solo. Since I was 18. I knew it would make me a stronger person, more independent and resilient and it certainly has. One day when I was planning a big solo trip to live in Japan, I realised how shocked and impressed people were that I was travelling alone. To me, this was just standard. But then I realised how many women might hold back their dreams due to that fear. That is why I created this community. To help inspire, educate, motivate and connect with other women.
Currently, I'm based in Sydney, Australia. If you're ever here - shoot me an email 🙂 I'm staying put to work on this community and build it to one of great value. So please help me with any feedback and by passing the message on.