The best travel subreddits
I am 100% addicted to reddit. Not only is it a great community basis for every and anything but it is fantastic to get travel tips from locals and those who have travelled to “said destination”. Here are some of the best general travel communities. On top of this, I suggest doing your own research on particular countries or cities you are going to visit. I have added links to what I think is the most valuable content on each subreddit.
Warning: Rabit hole alert - There is A LOT of information below!
r/travel is a community about exploring the world. Your pictures, questions, stories, or any good content is welcome. Clickbait, spam, memes, ads, brochures, classifieds, surveys or self-promotion will be removed. There are some AMAZING photos and recommendations on this travel subreddit. I couldn't help but add some but have linked back to the photographer.
- Train ride into Lungren, Switzerland
- I think I got pretty lucky with this photo of Machu Picchu.
- Cycling through Yangshuo was definitely a highlight for us in China.
- I rarely see pics of Africa here. So here a kind reminder of how beautiful the continent is. This photo was taken in Uganda.
- The exact moment I took a step too close to the border between North and South Korea and got a push on the butt from two NK soldiers. What's your favorite travel photo of yourself?
- Taken with a phone out of my hotel window in Venice... and no boats!
Digital Nomads are individuals that leverage technology in order to work remotely and live an independent and nomadic lifestyle.
- How to deal with loneliness and isolation when working remotely or alone
- My Guide to Hiring a Virtual Assistant
- Success Stories of DNs Who Left Without an Established Income Stream?
- This one is just for a laugh
- I've put together a list of remote job boards and companies offering remote jobs. (I'll keep adding to the list).
- I am offering a free workplace in Prague! Small team who want to meet some new digital nomads☺️ You are welcome!
- Finally made the leap to being a Digital Nomad. Couldn't be happier.
- Wireless Passwords From Airports And Lounges Around The World - Google My Maps
- 1 year in. My DN experience.
- part two of the above - 2 Years In. My Digital Nomad Experience & Stopping
A community to discuss frugal travelling, last-minute travel deals, cheap destinations, and cheap means of travel. Whether Couchsurfing, camping or staying in hostels, whether hitchhiking or staying on Airbnb, let's discuss and share the best budget travel ideas and deals! Just be careful with the dates on these posts, as we know - inflation and deals change all the time.
- Avoid touristic boat tours and take a $2 hike instead! You will be rewarded with the amazing view of Halong Bay!
- Went 7 Days to Argentina and spent in total only 114$ - and I did all this
- How we converted our van for under $500 and get to travel on a budget!
- Was cruising to Hawaii and the trips offered were so expensive so I found a place to swim with turtles for free!
- I just returned from 4.5 months in New Zealand. I added up all my expenses to find that I only spent $21 per day backpacking around both islands! Here's what I did, why it was so cheap, and some sweet NZ pics.
- Are you booking your flights in private/incognito browser mode? Here’s why you should...
- If you love coffee, nature, and CHEAP prices.. Colombia is the place for you!
- Did you know that if you're 12-27, you can get 20% off on Eurail passes?
- Vietnam is never a bad idea and Hanoi is a top choice! Love the special "bun cha" dish there and of course pho, which will cost no more than $2.00 - $3.00.
- Nobel Travel: this guy posts 60+ videos of how to travel on a budget to places around the world and combined has less than 13,000 views AND HE IS A REDDITOR!!
- How I travelled the world for 12 months on less than $10,000
- Travelled India for 6 months and it was definitely the cheapest country I visited till date. This is why I think all of you should go there if you haven't already. (no spiritual bs)
- My friend and I impulsively bought and sold cheap motorbikes and drove through the Indian Himalayas on some of the world highest motorable roads with almost no previous motorbike experience. [album][OC]
- In North America, during spring and fall, thousands of rental cars need to be moved to and fro seasonal locations. From discounted prices to straight-up free rentals, we are now in the midst of a major rental car migration, meaning you can go on a road trip in a rental car for very, very cheap.
A place for all of those interested in solo travel to share their experiences and stories!
- Why I'm scared and might not solo travel again...
- Just listened to my hostel roommates have sex. How’s your night going?
- Fuck it, just brought a ticket to Europe from NZ, leaving in two weeks. I'm a deaf solo traveller. Let's see how this goes.
- Solo travel for introverts: A guide with tips and advice-
- When your friends are ignorant. Guess its time to solo travel!
- As an older guy travelling solo
- Trip report: Iran (solo woman)
- You guys told me about Hostel Uppelink in Ghent, Belgium and the view that some of the rooms had, I still wasn't expecting it to be quite like this...
- I just shat in my hostel bed, what to do next?
- I told myself I would go solo travel through Europe if I ever made it 6 months without a seizure. Today is my first day abroad 🙂
- How to shake someone at a hostel?
How best to document your travels and possibly make money by travel blogging.
- Travel Blog Ideas, Tips, and Advice
- What challenges do you face with managing a travel blog?
- Should I have Ads?
- How NOT to write about travel
- Which travel destinations are you sick of reading about? Alternatively, which ones can you not get enough of?
- How many blog posts should I have before actively seeking followers?
- What kind of camera do you use for your travel blog? How does it work for you, what are the pros and cons?
- Found this nice article on photo composition techniques. Might help spice up your travel photos!
- 7 Popular Travel Bloggers Share Their Best Blogging Tips
- Whats your experience with marketing as a blogger? How difficult has it been to find opportunities?
- Travel blog for 30 and 40-somethings
This is another of the best travel subreddits. The I want out subreddit is about getting out of your country. There is a strong enphasis on getting out of the USA but also includes other places. A lot of tips on visas etc.
- I'm ex-muslim and I'm scared of getting killed by my family.
- Getting Out and What It Means To Me.
- Advice to those of you who romanticize the Nordic nations from a former American who was recently naturalized as a citizen of Norway
- Did you ever get frustrated when you decided to travel to a new country? I made a web app to help you get out by finding visa requirements for 200+ countries
- I've created a website to help us all get out!
- [I Got Out] I moved to Switzerland 2.5 years ago – here are a few thoughts on my experiences with moving, learning the language, and life here in general.
- Does anybody else increasingly feel like they're "trapped" in the United States?
- Not many people talk here about what happens when you lose your job abroad. It happened to me so I documented my experience.